View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
Paulie
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019 Hello from Mississauga, Canada

Hi everyone, I'm new to YT, and I just wanted to introduce myself and my baby Mac. I posted some pictures in the picture forum, and under my profile, so if you want you can take a look at my little guy.

To tell you the truth, up until last year, I was against small breeds. I told my wife that if we get a dog, it has to be a medium or large breed. The reason for that is because all my life my family owned only big dogs, German Shepherds, Dalmatian and recently a lablador retriever.
But last year that all changed when we went camping with friends that own a yorkie, and it only took me a couple of seconds to fall in love with him. I'm so glad that we decided to get one too. We did get him from a pet store, which I'm sure many people on here are against.
But there is a reason for why we got him there, we only came in to get food for our ferret, and we walked by the puppy section. And they had one yorkie which was already 6 months old. When we talked to the associates, they said that they had to transfer him from another store, because he wasn't selling well, and because he's a "special" puppy with special needs. We weren't sure what they meant by that, but I figured that he was probably purchased at least once already and returned because the owners couldn't handle him.

Anyways, to make the story short, I held him in my arms for a couple seconds, and right away I knew that we had to buy him, because I didn't want him to go through another owner just to be returned again, and I felt a strong connection. After we took him to our vet, we knew what they meant when they said that he was special, he was monorchid, and he needed 9 of his baby teeth to be removed because they weren't falling out and his regular teeth were starting to grow in crooked.

Well, we got him all fixed up, and now he's one happy yorkie.

Sorry for the long story, I got a bit carried away.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!