View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
wvmomof3
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Hello....New Here

I joined last week, and haven't had time to post yet, but get prepared for alot of questions! lol My name is Sheri and my ds(16) and his gf(16) have taken the huge responsibility of getting a yorkie puppy. The plans were for Brady to spend time at both homes. Well, when I went to pick up Brady 1 week ago, the breeder wasn't completely honest. First, Brady was only 6 weeks old and she was letting him go(I had no clue they should be with their mama till 12 weeks), so I take part of the blame there. Brady was also the runt of the litter. When he was born he weighed one ounce. I took him to the vet on the 11th of this month to have him checked out. It was then the vet told me that this was not a responsible breeder, and all she was thinking about was the $$. The vet said that I probably also saved his life by taking him. He was put on nutrical, and a prescription dog food for anorexic dogs. He weighed 1 lb. 7 oz. at the vet at 6 weeks old. The breeder also had not did any type of worming nor shots, so the vet recommended because of parvo for Brady to stay at our house for at least 2 weeks to give the first shot to take affect. Brady is doing great now, and we are very attached to him, especially me, since I am the one that is mainly with him, and taking care of him. I knew that it would be like that, and that is ok. I don't know what I am going to do when he leaves here , but I will have to deal with it I guess.
I have been trying to read up on everything about yorkies. Wow! I never knew there was so much differences between breeds of dogs. This is coming from an owner of a 10yr. old golden(who by the way let's Brady chew on her feet and tail)!
I believe I have been trying to crate train him incorrectly. He isn't sleeping well at night, and I am about at my wits end, to figure out what I am doing wrong. I purchased a wire cage at Walmart, with the divider(that I'm not using), and I put a heating pad in their, with a towel on top of that. I have also put a puppy pad on the side next to the door. I play a radio for him at night, but like last night, he was up at 2, and 5:30 and 7. I fed him at 7.
Oh, and I also ordered a North States Superyard XT Gate Play Yard from Amazon today, to use when we aren't here, so Brady won't have to stay in his cage.
Please help me help Brady, because he is my main concern here. And also I welcome all replies, whether they be positive or not concerning Brady splitting two homes. Thanks in advance for all the info I can have. As far as all of the yorkie boards I have been two, this one is the most informative.

Sheri

Last edited by wvmomof3; 04-21-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: adding
wvmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!