View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 02:11 AM   #1
KissKiss
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help me with the basics... potty training

Hi there

Tia is still not picking pee pad trained. If I must admit, I think its due to me not really knowing what to do

I have tried crating her, but the crate I was using was a carrier like crate and she does really like to be left in there for too long as its hard for her to see out of it; as a result I am extremely reluctant to put her in there for too long.

So when I am out I confine her to the bathroom; with a pee pad in one corner and her bedding/ toys etc in another; but I think the space is too large for her as she usually goes anywhere other than the pad.

When I am home she goes wherever I go, and I try to watch for the signs of her needing to go - I however seem to always miss it and she ends up going behind the sofa or some other inconspicuous place.

So I am thinking of investing in a decent crate

is this suitable? Dog Crates Company Dog Puppy Crates (scroll down to the 1st one)... it is 24" Long x 18" Wide x 20" High (60cm x 45cm x 51cm) What type of crate do you guys use, that your babies love?

When I get it, should I section a bit off for her pad and a bit of for her living space?

When should she be put in the crate? when I am out? When I think she needs to go? When its time for bed? I say this because she does not let me know when she needs to go, and will not go if I tell her to. I have tried taking her to her pad every so often especially after eating but she will not go for love or for money if I am waiting on her.

Any tips etc would be very much appreciated... also crate recommendations are very welcome

Thanks for listening!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!