View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
jenioneal
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 036 Need advise on # of days to breed etc.

Hi, my name is Jeni and this is my first time here. I've been reading a lot of the other threads and it has been VERY helpful! Just wanted to start off saying I'm so greatful for this site!

I have a question about how many times and how long you should breed the female when she's in heat. I've read different things but not all say the same thing.

My 18 month old 5lb female, started bleeding on April 1. I was out of town and wasn't able to breed her until April 17th. I tried before I went out of town and she wasn't ready. The sire is 3 yrs old, 3 1/2 lbs. Within minutes of getting them together, they were successful. They tied and it lasted about 10 minutes. Then we met again today, and same thing as the 1st time. Once they were done, my female, both times, was done and didn't want anything to do with him. He on the other hand could have kept going!

My questions are this:
1. How many times should they mate? every day?
2. How long should they mate? Until she's no longer interested?
3. If they tie, does that mean there's a good chance she will get pregnant?
4. What day should you count from if she's pregnant?

Sorry if these questions seem too simple. It's been 15 yrs since I breed last, and even then it was only 2x, and not with Yorkies. I forget these details.

Any help or advice would be GREAT! Thanks! - Jeni
(Sorry this is so long)
jenioneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!