View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
Jan & the M&M's

Default Thanks for all the help...

Actually, it's my neighbor who is a retired vet that told me to put her on Science Diet in the first place. He says it's the industry standard that all other brands look to when formulating their food.

Well, after researching different foods, I'm not sure that I agree with him. I was just doing what he told me, but I don't think Science Diet is so great either.

At the natural dog food store they gave me a name of a lady vet who they recommend. Their customers are really happy with this woman, and she believes in a more natural approach to treating dogs. We are going to Lexington for a fews days and when we get back Maggie is going to see her and I'm going to have tests run as all of you have suggested. I feel good about a woman vet, so we'll see how it works out..

In the meantime, Maggie is on antibiotic, responding well and she is eating trout and sweet potato food, Breeder's Choice Pinnacle, at the recommendation of the people at Give a Dog a Bone. We tried some samples, she really liked California Natural, but she's only 3.5 lbs., and the kibble are so big she just rolls them around in her mouth. The Pinnacle was much easier for her to chew. Mags has a great digestive system, perfect poops, that has never been a problem, just the urine problems.

I'll let you all know how this turns out. Oh my, what a lovely day it is today. Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine as well.

Last edited by Jan & the M&M's; 04-20-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Jan & the M&M's is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!