View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
connie777
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 036 Lhasa Apso anyone? I'd like info about a new puppy

I used to come to Yorkie Talk until a little after Christmas when my sweet Bentley was killed on the road in front of my house. Bentley was a Yorkie s**tzu mix. More Yorkie than s**tzu
Recentley an acquaintance of mine remembered how crushed I was about loosing Bentley. She has bred her pure bred Lhasa Apso to another pure bred Lhasa male and she is offering me the opportunity to buy one of her puppies. I really miss Bentley. Yet, at this time, I was not actually going about looking for another dog...but with this opportunity I'm giving it serious thought.
I now have a 14 month old granddaughter who is at my house 2 or 3 days per week. I know how Bentley dealt with her...and they were good together. I am struggling with whether or not getting a puppy at this time would be a problem with the baby around.
I am really writing here hoping that perhaps someone has experience with Lhasa's and may be able to compare them to Yorkies as far as personality and other things.
The mother dog of these puppies is very sweet. She's crate trained and very personable. Playful yrt not overbearing. Calm.
I notice she is not demanding attention when people arrive at the door to her home.. Of course these are probably things that come with how she was raised. She doesn't bark a lot...nor do the puppies. The owner says the Lhasa is not a very barky dog...but is a watchdog who'll bark only for "good reason
I wonder if there is a special group where Lhasa Apso owner gather? Similar to Yorkie Talk? I can't seem to find one at this time.
Any info would be welcomed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!