View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #11
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Thanks for U're thoughts but I don't show any Yorkies now and I was just wondering how U would go about it if U didn't show any and had maybe a Show Hopeful in U're litter.
I would never be dishonest about it, I would be straight up with anyone who adopted my puppies if they we're never shown in the ring I would tell them and that I would just "Think" this puppy could be a Show Hopeful. Would there be any wrong it doing that? I'm just trying to learn how to go about it all.
To be homest - I think that it would not be right to sell a puppy to anyone as a show hopeful unless the breeder shows her/himself or has show dogs. It really is hard to know if you might even have a show hopeful in your own litter unless you have the experience and knowledge of showing. Just my own experience. You learn so much from seeing a real show dog at shows and showing, as well as knowing what qualities and personality it takes to win in the ring. It is hard to put into words all that we learn by showing, seeing, feeling structure/coat quality, being with/living with a yorkie that loves the ring and has that attitude. There is just so much you must know. I hope this helps.
T.

Last edited by topknot; 04-19-2008 at 12:16 PM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!