Thread: sick dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

Default My incredibly long thought on the subject (sorry)

Yes, it is sad. I think a few things are going on. Bad breeding is certainly playing a part in this and, I agree with V, it's only going to get worse. Another thing is that the miracles that vets can do nowadays adds to the number of sick dogs in a way. Dogs that would have been pts when I was a little girl are getting wonderful care. After Bernie got hit by the car he was in such a state that 20 years ago there would've been no choice but to put him to sleep. I'm thankful everyday that this was not the case, but, he does have occasional health issues to this day as a result of the trauma he went through. So, what do I do? Post about it. That brings me to my third point. I think the fact that this site is soooo huge and people are going to post when their little ones are sick, means we see a slightly higher percentage here than if we had real world statistics. But that's just my opinion, I could be way off base.

Regardless, it's heartbreaking to read the posts about the sick furkids and their suffering families.

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!