View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanietoo View Post
I have never had to use anything for fleas. I n the last 17 years I've never had a problem. If I would need something I think I would use Sentinel as it is for heartworms and fleas. I hate giving any poisons to my little ones. I only give vaccines every 3 years also. I think getting baths once a week keeps them from being troubled by fleas. Years ago when we had cats we had a terrible problem with fleas.
I live in Alabama, though, where it never gets cold so the fleas are always really bad during the summer. Trust me, I would not use ANY medicine unless it was necessary. I don't use flea medicine in the winter but I HAVE to during the summer months. Last summer I decided to take the holistic approach and both the yorkies got tapeworms from eating flea(s). I'm not going through that again. And Sentinel doesn't kill live adult fleas....it only kills eggs and larvae. The yorkies pick up live adult fleas in the yard and that's waht I'm having a problem with and need a preventative for. (And I have had the yard sprayed.)

I also only give vaccines every 3 years.

I give the yorkies a bath once a month bc they have dry skin.

Last edited by RLC12345678; 04-19-2008 at 10:07 AM.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!