View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glory View Post
IF ALL BREEDERS WOULD BILE ACID TEST THE PUPPIES BEFORE SELLING THEN THEY WOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE SICK PUPPY AND NOT OWNERS WHO PAY ENOUGH AS IT IS..........Yorkies are prone to livershunt and testing before selling is the proper thing to do for
1. The breeders practice
2. The buyers
3. The puppy........if breeders found out they have this in their line then PERHAPS they would learn to not breed the sire and dam to each other again and not put the poor innocent puppy to sleep but pay for the surgery and place him free into a good home where the puppy deserves to have love and care and life.........my opinon only......

Gloria
In memory of my Keeper
You're right...if every breeder would BAT their puppies before sending them home, they would know in most cases if a puppy had a shunt or not...and probably save the future owner heartache (and protect the breeder from selling a puppy with a defect). It's an inexpensive test that could easily be added into the purchase price of the puppy and 12-16 weeks is fine to do a BAT. I'll ask that any puppy I plan to buy be BAT before I bring it home (and be sure to have the breeder's vet fax results straight to your vet so you get the actual results).
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!