View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I always wish I knew more about kidney issues, but I always feel more hesitant in this area. One thing to keep in mind is that IF/when they do find a protein that he likes, they can "cut" the protein % by adding carb/fiber etc. - so, it doesn't have to a "prescription" diet, per se (as in "canned/prepared") - it just has to be balanced properly. You might try PMing EllieMay - she may have some good ideas.

I hope some others chime in too...

Has your friend consulted a nutritionist? I do have one I highly recommend - Susan Davis - I have used her for Marcel - she is excellent and works with liver, kidney, everything!
Us too, learning LOTS about the kidneys. I would try the yahoo kidneydiet group. I am currently waiting for approval. They send you a short form to fill out and they have to approve your request. They have lots of info. I haven't saved most of my links, I have printed them and started a binder. Lots of reading to do :-)

We are still learning about what the best diet would be- currently I am feeding wellness wgt mgt.
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!