View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
Brianna2191
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default So I found a Dog last night

soo Last night My husband and I were taking our daughter on a walk and we saw this dog sitting in the middle of the road..so I went up to it. It was a female Pekignese and had stitches on it's leg, it was extremly friendly so I picked it up and we put it in the bottom basket of the stroller and walked around with it hoping to find the owner. No luck..so we decided that we would keep her at the house and try to find the owner. So this morning I let the dog out to go to the bathroom and It got out of the yard..so I walked around the neighborhood and eventually found her again. I took her to the vet to see if maybe she was microchipped and to ask about the stiches because they looked like they had been there for a long time. The vet said that the stiches had been there for a very long time to the point where skin started to grow over it..so he took the stiches out and did find a microchip. We called homeagain and the owner never put any info on it..there was only a missouri shelter number which didn't answer. So I put out my information at all the shelters and vets and the owner finally went to the shelter looking for her dog...so they called me and I brought the dog to her. I was soo upset at this lady for neglecting her dog! I told her that I had the stiches removed and she was like oh yeah I forgot all about that, and then I told her the microchip had no info and she said oooh I didn't know you had to register for that. I am happy that I found the owner, I just hope she takes better care of her now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!