View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Devaney_K
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Update on Kiya!!!

Hello to all of my fellow Yorkie-obsessed friends!

I just wanted to update everyone on my sweet little Kiya's health. For those that remember, I was debating where I should have her tooth procedure done, and after having recieved a $1240 estimate, I felt hopeless. I went to our regular vet, who offered the service for less than half that, including a spay (I'm HUGE on pet population). I was really concerned about the anesthesia process too. But after a careful exam and about 23 questions later, I decided to have her tooth procedure and spay done all at once. Now remember, Kiya weighs three pounds! This means that their meds and anesthesia doses had to be on point!!! I was nervous.

Everything worked out great! Kiya was in some discomfort through that first night, but she literally bounced back by the second day after her surgery. The vet removed 15 rotten and badly infected teeth!!!!! I couldn't believe that her previous owner allowed her to go so long without her teeth cleanings. BUT!!! She still has several teeth left to eat with. Kiya couldn't be doing better. She had her stitches out this past week from her spay. Her health has been improving dramatically. Thanks to you all for your positive thoughts and feedback during this time!!!

From Devaney_K with love
Devaney_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!