View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Low protein diet/kidney problems- Need help!

I all you experts on diet out there. I'm hoping you can help me. Actually, help a friend of mine. They have a 7 year old sheep dog and I've been telling them all about the benefits of raw and homecooking. Anyways, they have been battling some kind of illness with their sheepdog which is affecting his kidneys. He has also had several seizures. At first the vet thought it was lepto (I was skeptical of that) now they are saying they don't really think it was lepto. Maybe just old age. His kidneys were doing really poorly and almost ready to fail but they have been treating with antibiotics and he has improved, had a relapse, changed to a new antibiotic and now he's doing better again. The vet has him on a low protein diet but the poor guy hates the food so they are having trouble getting him to eat. I think these poor guys are just at their wits end at this point since this has been going on since Feb! Anyone have any recommendations for a good food that is also good for the kidneys? HELP!!
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!