View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #9
kimmiek
Senior Yorkie Talker

My friend, another yorkie owner, gave me this book called "A Complete Idiots Guide to Yorkshire Terriers". It's excellent! It explains the breed from head to tail, inside and out, all about terriers, behavior, training, do's and dont's...etc..

Supposedly terriers are a very active and athletic breed and they require a great deal of supervision. I have a 3 month old an I'm experiencing the same thing you are. The biting and nipping has to stop. The only thing you can really do is reinforce over and over that biting and chewing even during play is a no-no. It gives tips on how to keep your yorkie in check and make sure he knows he isnt the king of the house since this breed tends to believe they are. There are explicit instructions on how to integrate your puppy into your house in the beginning. Most yorkies are hard to train, stubborn and extremely intelligent and require a very large amount of continous attention in the beginning. Check out this book...it's definitely a god-send to me and my hubby. Good luck, HTH!!!
kimmiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!