View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #11
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

I know this is going to sound harsh but I don't mean it to sound that way so please don't take it that way. I understand you want your dog to get used to being off the leash while she or he is young, but in all honesty, accidents do happen and are more likely to happen when a dog is off leash period. If you know these three dogs always run off leash, why would you let your lil one go off leash as well, you're putting her more at risk by not being able to pick her up as fast because you have to run to her to pick her up. Again, please don't take it that I'm coming down on you, I'm really not, it's just, why risk it if you know they are always off leash? As far as the girl being your friend, talk to her, tell her your concerns and ask her to please keep her dogs on a leash, it isn't fair to your lil one not to be able to go potty and enjoy the outdoors because her dogs are not on a leash. We have a leash law her where I live and you WILL get a fine if your dog is caught off leash and causes damage or hurts someone. If that doesn't work and you don't wanna call the dog warden on her, is purchasing an outdoor big kennel within your budget? That way you could let your lil one off the leash in there and step inside and play and run around some with him or her without having to worry about the other big dogs hurting him or her and she or he couldn't run off and get hurt.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!