View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #5
pookiebear
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Do you have any canned potatoes in the house? If so, micro them, mash up and give asap. They will give instant energy, are easily absorbed, will soothe tummy, and they will help absorb nauseous tummy juices. In a pinch, even giving some saltines will help - the point is to get some carbs + energy + starchy in the tummy asap. You can also give 1/2 tsp of Pepto.
Thank you so much for the wonderful advice. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I love mashed potatoes when I'm sick. That's about all I can eat. I did offer him the saltines during the night, wouldn't try them. But I did give him a lot of Pedialite with syringe several different times. This morning, he was very slow getting started, but he did eat just a little bit of his Innova kibble and with about 1 tsp of his Innova pup wet food. I gave him some Nutri Cal on a teaspoon and he loved that. Then I gave him a bath and he felt much better. I have him here at work with me, and he seems to be on track. Thank you so much for responding. I was freaking out bad.
pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!