View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
CricketBaby
YT Addict

Cry Horrible Tradgey in Texas!!! Please pray for this family!

This past Friday my friend and neighbor Maria was driving northbound on 183 with her little girl Angelica (5) home from Dallas. Out of no where a cement truck jumped the median and landed on top of her Expedition killing her and critically injuring little Angelica.

This is what I could find on the net...

DALLAS -- A 5-year-old girl, Angelica Gamez, was treated for a head wound then released from Children's Medical Center in Dallas on Saturday after a cement truck overturned and flattened the vehicle her mother was driving, according to authorities.

The girl's mother, identified as Maria Angelica Gamez, 41, of Keller, died in the accident.

The accident occurred about 3 p.m. Friday when a cement truck traveling south on Texas 183 swerved to avoid a vehicle. The truck driver lost control of the vehicle, and the truck hit the median wall then flipped into the northbound lanes, striking a motorcyclist and landing on the SUV.

Texas 183 was closed at Interstate 35E in Dallas for several hours after the wreck but was open by 9 p.m., police said.

The motorcyclist, identified as Miguel Gutierrez, 34, was in a Dallas hospital Saturday listed in serious condition, police said. The cement truck driver, Edward Magallon, 31, was released from the hospital suffering with a hurt leg, police said.

Late Friday, police were still searching for the driver of the vehicle that caused the cement truck to swerve, said Sen. Cpl. Kevin Janse, a Dallas police spokesman.

I am so saddened by this....Marie was so young and had four beautiful children...our children have played many sunny days together! Maria just got her Real Estate license and was such a hard worker and such a good Mother. Who knew her life would be taken so early without warning.

I have four kiddos myself and boy let me tell ya if that was not a wake up call nothing else is. I am going to be a sweeter kinder person and much more forgiving. Most importantly not taking one single day for granted! I am so thankful for my family, friends and all of the sweet people I have met here on YT.

Tomorrow is Maria's funeral and I will be going ....this family needs lots of prayers. Please remember them tonight when you say yours!

WARNING!!!!! Very sad picture of vehicle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 487-Wreck.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg (20.6 KB, 142 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!