View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
DiggyBoudin
Yorkie Talker

Default fighting like cats and dogs

Hey all!

My boy Diggs (2 in July) is an angel and I love him oh so much- I also love my two 7 year old cats, the problem is that they don't love each other! They have lived together for about a year and Diggs just get's too aggressive with them. Diggs lived in the house we are in for 7 months before the cats moved in so I think he is having issues with this being HIS house- but it has been a year I think it's time he realized they live here too! When other dogs come over to play he is fine and not at all aggressive with them. He only barks at dogs who pass by the house outside.

I think sometimes he is trying to play with them but doesn't understand that they are cats. I ended up having to get a baby gate so they could have their own room to play in- he used to go into "their" room and pee or poo on the floor. Every night he sleeps with me in my room and that is the cats time to roam the house. Every night he wakes up and growls at the door and if I open it he sprints out barking at them and chases them back into "their" room. During the day if they jump out of the room he runs barking down the hall and chases them back in. These cats are so sweet and have lived with other big breed dogs before with no issues. Diggs seems to get along better with the girl cat- I think she is learning not to be scared of him. The boy cat will not come out at all if Diggs is around. There is no real fighting just some hissing and barking. I feel so bad that the cats stay in one room all day. I get so jealous when I see other YTers posting pictures of their dogs cuddling with their cats. Should I just give up hope of having all my babies get along?? Any advice would help.
DiggyBoudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!