View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

My Pogo was soooooo attached to my husband Herb and was with him when he died of cancer in 1998. Pogo went into a severe depression and had to be treated by the vet. He went into another depression when I sold our house out in the country and moved into a condo in town. Then, when I met Don and Pogo and I came over to visit him in Maine, Pogo thought he'd died and gone to heaven -- he had woods; he had a lake; and he had a MAN again!!!!

Don is not a pet person. His wife, Jean, was a cat person, and Don had two cats. At one time he and Jean adopted a stray Dachshund that they had for 7 years. But Don was the first to say "I don't like dogs."

Pogo worked on Don. And Don grew to like Pogo. BUT, Don said that when Pogo dies, there would be NO MORE DOGS. And I said "I won't live life without a dog." And he said that the dog and I could live elsewhere and I said "Okay."

Pogo has been such a great dog and he's almost 13 now. I wanted to get another dog for him to "train" before he got too old. And I finally got Don to agree to get a puppy. He said we could as long as it was a Yorkie.

And guess who the Yorkie loves the most? Don. It has been so much fun watching Don and Higgins. Don has NEVER in his whole life had a puppy and he is just a blithering fool over Higgins. So, recently, I put all Higgin's papers and records and license in Don's name.

So now I live in a house full of "boys!" And they are really "boys", those two dogs and that man. I love 'em. And they put up with me.

Last edited by Higgin's Mom; 07-30-2004 at 03:06 PM.
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!