View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Tink's Mom
With Indy In My Heart
Donating Member

Cry Tink is really sick again.

The vet adjusted her meds last week for her seizures and ever since, she has been moody and won't eat. She didn't want to drink either but I finally got some water down her Friday evening. So she hasn't eaten since Thursday!

Last night she was horribly needy and just laid around when I wasn't holding her. Kellie helped me with a pepcid AC dose and Morkie recommended chicken broth which I whould have thot of on my own! DUH

So this morning I took her to the vet and had to leave her there all day so he could watch her. I got her back at 7:00 after all his other clients were gone, so he could talk to me.

So, now Tink is getting fluids subq. And the vet told me to put her food in the blender with some broth and give it to her in a syringe. I made her some food and fed her a little while ago. She barfed it right back up. So I added more broth and tried again. She seems to be keeping it down this time although she gagged and gagged. She got ulcers last time she was sick but they haven't been bothering her and we thought she was healing - no bleeding and no pain. But now they are all flared up again. I think it's from all the vimiting of bile that she has done the last few days. But I'm not a vet.

The vet also said he doesn't know why she is having such an awful reaction to the increased meds dose. So he made me an appointment at the vet school for Wednesday. ARGH! I don't want to go through this again. I'm thinking very seriously of switching vets. I've been with him for a long time, but he doesn't keep up with the current treatments and he never seems to know what to do with the little ones. He has changed his practice the last few years and is treating cats way more than dogs. I have a hard time getting in unless I tell them "I've been coming here for 20 years...blah blah blah."

Right now she is laying in her sling around my neck and shoulder and making little noises! I'm so upset for her. I have to get her better fast! I'm having surgery in 3 weeks and I won't be home for 3 weeks! Don't worry a friend is staying with her. But this is not good!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!