View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 06:16 AM   #3
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Wow ..I really understand the frustration but you are right - 'swatting' them isn't the way to go - please don't ...it will lead to a very scared submissive puppy that will be fearful and only have more accidents - not to mention - it could really hurt him. When we have puppies - they are JUST like babies - no bladder control and also they have tiny bladders which causes them to go frequently -

I'm no expert on training but after having 2 myself and reading all the time - the best way to train is to physically put him on his little pad every hour - and really praise him when he uses it - if he DOES have an accident you can tell him no firmly but please don't lose your cool....They are really smart little guys and stubborn - it will happen one day but it takes lots of love and patience - some yorkies always have accidents - it's just part of having a puppy -

Sorry you feel so frustrated but trying to be consistent and aware of when he needs to go will help him learn...he doesn't do it on purpose - he just may be excited to be in different parts of the house ...I would try to give him a little more freedom and maybe when he gets used to that he may do better.....GOOD LUCK....
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!