Thread: Ever feel...
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #9
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsmomma View Post
rejected by someone you care about deeply, and in response maybe you want to reject them too? If that makes any sense. For instance (totally hypothetical ) if you felt your bf wasn't spending enough time with you, then you might make yourself sparse so he can see what it's like. OMG I'm so immature. But seriously.
Yeah..I have that sort of relationship with my parents unfortunately..I once didn't see them for 6 years! No major falling out or anything..i'm just not close to them..they never make much effort so now neither do I...the sad thing is they barely know my gorgeous 13 year old son...their loss as i say..luckily hubby's parents have been wonderful grandparents to him. My parents have never made it very easy for me to get close to them, they are also very clever at making ME feel guilty about not seeing them enough (they live in Spain)..I used to get really upset about it..but now as i get older i just think, well thats the way they are and they are not going to change.
They came over to England a few years back and visited all the family but never came up to Scotland where i was living at the time..because they said it was too far to travel! They never ring me either (I ring them) No phonecall on my 30th b'day and not one phonecall when my hubby was away in the Middle East for 4 months...and they get upset with ME! I have just given up now....I last saw them back in October for a family get together and I got on quite well with them..although they did make me feel guilty about a couple of things..they are really good at doing that! I really don't want to fall out with them..my father is the type of man who will hold a grudge and just not speak to you again..he has a brother he never speaks to. oops..sorry for going on a bit!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!