View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #6
Snow Yorkies
Biewer Passionate
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwolfe View Post
I am very interested in watching the progess of this breed. I would like to have one if I thought that AKC approval would be in the near future. There are just not that many places I could show one in my area.

I am on a Yahoo list with other Yorkie exhibitors and a YTCA board member sent a message for everyone to encourage Biewer breeder/exhibitors.

Is the offical name Biewer or Biewer Yorkshire Terriers?

I appreciate you guys sharing information. They are beautiful dogs.
Someday we might get to AKC. I think personally we should take our time with this and do the recommended documentation needed for the requirements of AKC. After speaking with FSS they are still considering the Biewer as a color variance of the Yorkshire.

The BYTNC has been the leaders in the show ring and have the two top Biewers in the US with the oldest show venues that accept the breed, so we are pretty excited about our accomplishments and hard work for the Biewers. This will be our second Specialty for the year, and we sure didn't want to pass up the opportunity to have Dr. J. Donald Jones as our Judge to meet our breed. What an honor! We hope to have another surprise in our Judge selection for another upcoming Specialty this year..

The name is a debate.. it depends on what Breed Club you belong to and what you believe is in the history of the breed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!