View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
altigger74
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie View Post
I just checked on Heidi and she seems to be resting comfortably. I wiped with a tissue and it was clear. I took her out of her box and showed her where her food/water and litter box was. She still didn't eat or drink and she still was having trouble with her hip....I hope her hip or pelvis or back in not injured....
Her hips may just be opening getting ready for the births. My poor cat looked like a cow with her hips splayed out. I swore she was going to pop. If she will let you rub her belly see if you can feel very low down. If she is still soft and squishy low (as close to her tuti as possible) in the pelvic area then the babies have not dropped yet. If she is hard then they are dropping to get ready. Usually (now this is just my experience) but usually when the hardness is about a finger length away from the opening she will be having them within about 48 hours. Just spend as much time with her as you can so she will be used to you close to her and the box so that she won't freak out on you when the babies do come. When my cat was close to birthing she didn't want to eat her hard food but she would eat some canned food and some yogurt. Can you install a baby monitor in the room with her so you can keep a check on her?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!