View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
LoveMyJake
I love Jackson too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperk View Post
I am so glad you posted this warning. We have 100 acres of woods behind our house, so we see a great deal of wildife around here. With my 5 mo. yorkie, I've been petrified of the hawks, as I have been warned. I was going to ask if it has happened to anyone to find how much of a problem it is. I suppose I was hoping to relieve some of my fear, but after reading this post realize it is real and I have reason to be a pacing mommie when she's outside. I want her to enjoy the outdoors so I let her out when the kids are out in the yard, but find myself on the porch keeping watch. What's the balance?

Trixie had a blast running around the yard yesterday with our "old man" Westie, "Rascal," and all the kids. I'd like to be able to let her out when the kids are out but can't always be there. I suppose I should bring my baby in when I can't be out there, right?
Yes, I would bring her in when you can't be out there. I never leave mine alone outside. I not only worry about hawks, but these little dogs are so small, they can get out of anything so easily. There have also been times when yorkies have been stolen. Definitely not worth the chance!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!