View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #58
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

update:

Morgan is doing great since her recent diagnosis.

I sent out a regular blood panel to the lab and everything came back normal. ALT, BUN, Protein were all normal. So i'm not 100% convinced that she has anything wrong with her liver. I'm going to keep her on the low protein diet for a few months and then retest her to see where her values are at.

On another note, i don't know if i mentioned this here yet but i don't want to go back and read my posts LOL. So when i went to the holistic store to buy morgan's low protein food the store manager who is certified in canine nutrition said that she should be on a raw diet because even though its higher in protein, the protein is easier to digest and has no carbs.

this guy says one thing and my vets say the opposite. its hard to go against the vets that i trust, but i know they don't have a lot of nutritional education especially working in a specialized field like surgery, oncology or neurology. I'm going to write the nutritionalist that Ann spoke to about Wylie and see if she'll answer some questions for me about this.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!