View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
SueNCricket 2
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Star once in a while

is OK to use Pantene shampoo on a dog. I use it in my grooming salon and onn my own dogs about every 4-5th shampooing, just to strip the built up product off of their coats. I do not recommend it as the only shampoo you use. It is made for human Ph levels and not for the dog's Ph levels. It can cause dry skin, rash, and itching.
All human grade creme rinse's have a wax base and can clog a dogs pores. I do not use creme rinse on every dog. If they already have dry skin it will make it much worse. If they need a little conditioner, then I dilute it about
50-75% before using it.
I do like to change up on shampoos and products (but all the same name brand) as the coat "gets used to it" and it does not do the same good things when it is used over and over.
In my salon I use the same company's products because they are all natural and good for the pets, the groomer and the environment. They are made in the USA too, (another thing I like to do in my shop) by a company called
"E-Z-Groom". I have been using their products for nearly 17 years. I have strayed and tried others, but always came back to them.
www.ez-groom.com or 1-800-777-5899.
I highly recommend their grooming products.
When I showed my dogs, I never went into the ring with out their finishing sprays, anti-stat sprays and their best stuff "ez-glide" at my ringside table.

Tell them you are a groomer, they will send you a huge sample pack for a low introductory fee. Well worth it for the large size bottles of shampoo, groomng products, cologne...all kinds of groomng products.
Ask for "Suzie" and tell her that Sue from Hot Diggity Dogs sent you.

Sue & Cricket
SueNCricket 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!