View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #30
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace611 View Post
I have a ganglion cyst on the underside of my wrist its pretty good sized, but not huge...It is causing me pain and limits my movement in that hand so i think its time for the dr....has anyone else had experience with one of these? Im going to the DR. on Thursday to get it checked out, i was just wondering if i am all alone?! haha i like to hear other peoples experiences with things
My son had a Ganglion Cyst aka Bible Cyst. A surgeon removed RG's in his office under a local about 8 10 years ago and it has not returned. Here's some more info: http://www.health-bee.com/general/what-is-a-bible-cyst

Recently, I had a strange lump on my wrist. It did not hurt, but it did concern me. I learned I had a ganglion cyst.

A Ganglion cyst — also known as a Bible cyst — is a tumor or swelling on the top of a joint or the covering of a tendon. It looks like a bony like bump on the hand or wrist. It may feel firm or spongy and is not harmful. In fact, my doctor told me not to worry about it, and that no treatment was necessary. They told me that if I did want it removed, they could remove it through surgery, but that it would probably come back.
Bible cysts are very common in women, and usually occur on the back of the hand, at the wrist or even on the palm side of the hand. Other places they occur are on the outside of the knee or ankle or on the foot.

The ganglion cyst got its nickname of “Bible cyst” because back in the old days, the cure for one was for the doctor to whack your wrist with a bible while you held your hand or wrist flat on a table. That cure is actually effective for the spongy ones, though I’d recommend you see your doctor if it worries you or is painful in any way.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!