View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
SueNCricket 2
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Lightbulb Safety Issue ~ Please Read

I just posted this in a reply to a dog tag question, but thought it was important enough to have everyone read it.

I have a great way to get your dog back if it is ever lost or even if it is stolen!

Most people would find a cute little doggie and have the urge to keep it. Unscrupulous people will keep your cute little doggie if they find it, even if it is microchipped and tagged.

I do believe that micro-chips should be put in every pet, and I have them in my dogs. THEY ARE OUR FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE.
But...
I know of someone who kept a cute little chipped yorkie puppy that they found. They knew the chip was there, but they chose to ignore it, and keep her. They bred her several times, and I always thought it was so sad...I am sure her original owners would not have wanted that life for her.

Want to know what to put on your dog tag that will get your precious friend back 99.99% of the time?

Write this in its tag:
"Needs Daily Medication"

No one wants to keep a dog that might be ill and need medication, or that will cost them money. I have been telling my grooming clients this for years, and also anyone who I meet who have a new puppy, and all of my rescue dogs go to their new homes with this on their tags.

Even if you do not need to buy new tags, this is one good way to keep your dog safe and get it returned to you in case the worst happens.

If you can you could also put the words "Spayed" or "Neutered" on your tag in case some BYB gets a hold of it...

Sue & Cricket
SueNCricket 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!