Thread: Cancer in Dogs
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #11
Tae1107
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Cancer

My 12 year old Yorkie has adernal cancer. He had as much of the tumor as possible removed. The only symptom he was showing was drinking and peeing ALOT. All his blood tests were normal, they had assumed he was having kidney problems. They tested for Cushings, Addisons, you name it. Nothing...they then decided that is was behavior and gave me a script for "prozac" which I did not fill. I tried walking him more etc....and he continued to pee all the time in the house..prior he was house broken. A different vet re-looked over all his blood work and saw that his potassium was low...they re-tested his potassium which at this point was basically depleted. I was then referred to an internist who did an ultra-sound and found the tumor. They said that the tumor must have been secreting a hormone that was making him drink and pee alot. After the operation to have it removed the peeing and drinking got better...he did 5 rounds of chemo. The peeing and drinking have come back...and I know there is still a small amount of cancer on his aorta. He was given 6 months to live after his operation. It has been almost two years. the vets that did the surgery did not reccomend chemo but I did it anyway. He was never sick from the chemo so I figured it could not hurt.

Kerri
Tae1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!