View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #6
Esme's Mommy
Esme's My Princess
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5
I would recommend a few things...THEY ARE NOT MEAN...JUST TOUGH...like doggie brat camp..So when you go out with Esme, try putting her in a purse like carrier. She will howl and scream but will eventually get the picture..they all do. You can also carry around bitter apple spray, everytime she howls and screams, put a drop of it on her tongue and TRUST me she will get the pictures. That's how I got Coco to quit some ugly habits. It only took me two drops to get her to stop the behavior that I didn't like. Don't worry about what others will think, IT'S YOUR DOG! It's like when you have a child, they scream to be brats and people think you're abusing them or something..Or I would just keeep holding her and letting her howl, until she stops on her own. When she doesn't howl, and is quiet, praise her and give her a treat.
I tried the bitter apple spray and it worked! My husband was mowing the lawn and I had to go move my car. I sprayed my fingers, picked her up and took her outside. The minute she started howling for me to put her down I stuck my finger in her mouth. Voila, she got quiet INSTANTLY. When she started up again, I repeated. I moved my car to the end of the block, got out with Esme in my arms, and had to stick my finger in her mouth once more. We walked back down the street to our house and when she started I said "no" (no finger needed this time) and she was quiet. I am guessing this is going to require a little persistence on my end. I plan to go out with this bottle in my purse and spray my fingers when we go somewhere! I think she is going to get it though! THANKS FOR THE TIP!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!