Thread: AKC vs ACA???
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakersDozen View Post
While some important points have been made here, it is also worth noting that many breeders have begun to turn away from AKC because of the increase in fees, fees, and more fees. Moreover, having AKC registration in itself does not guarantee the health or lineage of your dog. In the long run, a good relationship with a reputable breeder is much more valuable than a particular registry. I would never base my decision on registry alone. Again, not trying to take away from the good points already made here. Just adding additional info.

I doubt if breeders are turning away from the AKC due to fees; they can always recap the fees in the cost of the puppy. I think it's due to the tightening of rules. To individually register a puppy is less than $20.00 for life. We expect so much from the AKC, and they need money in order to do the inspections. I do agree, I would never base my decision on the registry alone, it's just a start, but I would not consider a breeder who couldn't at the very least produce an AKC puppy.

Join today and remove this ad!