Thread: North Texans
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
Rockster's Mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimMom View Post
We live in the Dallas/Metroplex and our neighborhood has been all over the news today, as they are estimating that it was one of the hardest hit by the storm. After walking out my door and through the blocks this morning I have to believe it to be true. We are so fortunate that there have not been massive injuries, as the visual is astounding! In the light of day as I look around I am stunned by our neighborhood, which on a normal day embodies the essence of groomed and now looks more like a war zone.

Again, we are all fine and our only damage was property, which one can fix. We have a big backyard and our fence is pretty well destroyed. There are trees downed left and right, chimneys blown off, posts imbedded into homes, roofs gone, etc and the streets are abuzz with people trying to clear the roads and such.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that LuLu, our Yorkie, woke us up from a complete sleep and warned us of the approaching storm. She started pacing and whining at least 5 minutes before the warning sirens started blasting. So, we were able to wake our daughter and get into our "safe room" in plenty of time.

As we sat huddled together we could both feel and hear the storm around us and as it hit our house the entire structure began a long, loud, humming buzz that was unlike anything I can really explain with words. It was as if it were speaking between us and the storm outside. Eerie...and seemingly unnatural = very strange indeed!

And today we remain grateful that we are well and that we remained safe. LuLu is of course getting extra smooches for her part in making sure that was the case! Gotta love our furbabies!
I am so glad ya'll are okay!!! KUDOS to Lulu!!! I wish my yorkies were like that. Is your neighborhood the one with the large two story homes and well groomed lawns they keep showing on on the news?
Rockster's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!