View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #14
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglaulanmar View Post
My parents, my 2 very small children and myself were all in my parent's house in April of 1996 when a cat. 5 tornado tore through their house. I had just gone outside to get my contacts out of the car and I had the most eerie feeling. This was a small town in Arkansas where you could always hear dogs barking but you could hear a pin drop mile away! I put my kids in my parent's walk in closet (even though at that time no news caster or doppler showed rotation or poss. tornado) as soon as I did, my brother's boxer and our min. schnauzer layed on top of the babies (age 1 and 2)! I started to get them off but I realized they knew something we didn't. Then a weather man Austin Onek(sp?) said take cover...no matter what the nat'l weather service is saying...i'm saying there is a tornado going to hit. W/in minutes it was hitting out house! We walked out of the closet and out of the bedroom into a GIANT tree (me in my nursing gown and no shoes) Thank God for my dogs being smarter than most of the weather people and thank God for Austin Onek, it hit at the 10oclock news time and a lot of people were watching him, so very few people were killed compared to the size of the tornado and the length of it's path!

However boarding a pet in a disaster seems weird? How do you know the vet or boarding place won't get hit? hmmm... just food for thought!

You cant know thats why Callie would be with me no matter what!
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!