View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #5
Esme's Mommy
Esme's My Princess
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5
I would recommend a few things...THEY ARE NOT MEAN...JUST TOUGH...like doggie brat camp..So when you go out with Esme, try putting her in a purse like carrier. She will howl and scream but will eventually get the picture..they all do. You can also carry around bitter apple spray, everytime she howls and screams, put a drop of it on her tongue and TRUST me she will get the pictures. That's how I got Coco to quit some ugly habits. It only took me two drops to get her to stop the behavior that I didn't like. Don't worry about what others will think, IT'S YOUR DOG! It's like when you have a child, they scream to be brats and people think you're abusing them or something..Or I would just keeep holding her and letting her howl, until she stops on her own. When she doesn't howl, and is quiet, praise her and give her a treat.
Doggie Brat Camp... I like it!

I am going to try the bitter apple spray. I have never used it on her before because she never had a chewing problem, but I think it might do the trick. Do you spray it on your finger and then stick it in her mouth?? I am going to go the store right now... My little diva is staying home.

I am trying to find the right carrier too. I like the one that Valerie reccomended on the thread I posted earlier. It goes accross the chest and is kind of like a duffle bag. I think she would like it because it's big and roomy. And I will have my hands free. I have to sell my other carrier first though. I already posted it on the for sale section, but no offers yet.

Thanks for the advice. I think it might work!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!