View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Esme's Mommy
Esme's My Princess
Donating Member

Default Esme's new HORRIBLE habit...

Esme goes out A LOT and rides in the car a few times a week. Esme is also a VERY independent girl. She likes to walk on the ground when we go places. Unfortunately, many places we take her to require for her to stay in my arms. Well, for the past few weeks, she has decided that when she wants to be on the floor and I am holding her she is going to howl and scream like I am seriously hurting her. She gets SOOOO loud and it is quite embarrasing. I mean, geez, you bring your cute little dog in and she acts like a spoiled brat. I just back from running a few errands and I have decided this HAS to stop. I got out of the car to drop some stuff off at the drycleaners. I pick her up and she started SCREAMING. And the awful part is, that it seems to ECHO. Well, I did to her what I would do if I had a human child and he/she was throwing a tantrum. I put her right back in the car and took her home (I didn't get to drop my clothes off). Unfortunately, I don't think she gets the message... I want to take her places, but it isn't going to work if my little drama queen can't keep quiet. What can I do to make her understand that acting like that is WRONG??? I even tried the "sh" thing that the dog whisperer does... but she didn't seem to care.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!