View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Default They just don't get it..

I have posted about staying at the In-Laws with Pixie on here before..and i AM lucky that i am able to take her there with me when we stay. We stayed last weekend for a couple of days..Pixie's safety is a big issue for me when there, my MIL bounds around the house and is constantly tripping over the dogs..I have to scoop Pixie up all the time out of harms way.. She is also in the habit of chucking leftover food scraps in the garden which my dogs will eat if given half the chance..They also leave outside doors open ALOT! While we were there, the front doorbell rang..I said: "HOLD ON while I get hold of Pixie before you open the door!" MIL answers the door after i had got hold of her and THEN goes straight into the kitchen where she was cooking and OPENED THE BACK DOOR to let some cool air in as the kitchen was getting too hot!! Another time she went out to put some rubbish in the bin and left the door open..I see Pixie standing there in the doorway looking out..I screamed for my hubby to grab her! They just DO NOT understand..if i say anything about it they look at me like i'm being silly..it just doesn't seem to sink in..I think they also think i spoil Pixie too much and that i'm overprotective..I said to my hubby.."If anything ever happens to Pixie it will happen while we are STAYING HERE!!"
I don't want to have to pen her up everytime we stay there..I just wish they could understand a bit more..I'm starting to dread each visit now
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!