View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #23
mojo
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odies_mama View Post
so the cellulitis, the infection under the skin, has spread almost to my elbow now =/ very painful and its making life very difficult...i cant sleep, its hard to dress myself lol, and i never realized how much i actually use my left arm (im a righty hehe)

and i did call my doctors office today to see if there was any way she could write a prescription for an anti-biotic without me actually coming in for an appointment and they said no. so then i asked how much an appt is without insurance, and they said its anywhere from 80-170 bucks depending. but they couldnt tell me how much exactly, so i was like, what i just need to bring my bank account and cross my fingers and hope for the best?!

so now my mom is going to call the insurance ppl tomorrow to get me put back on insurance which means going back to school (thats a whole different thread!) and see how soon my insurance can get re-instated and try to get me a doctors appt ASAP
Be careful, insurance could deny as pre-existing.

Also, sounds like it is getting bad and I really recommend you get seen, cellulitis can be dangerous.

"The appearance of the skin will help a doctor make a diagnosis. The doctor may also suggest blood tests, a wound culture or other tests to help rule out a blood clot deep in the veins of the legs. Cellulitis in the lower leg is characterized by signs and symptoms that may be similar to those of a clot occurring deep in the veins, such as warmth, pain and swelling."

'This reddened skin or rash may signal a deeper, more serious infection of the inner layers of skin. Once below the skin, the bacteria can spread rapidly, entering the lymph nodes and the bloodstream and spreading throughout the body.

In rare cases, the infection can spread to the deep layer of tissue called the fascial lining. Necrotizing fasciitis, also called by the media "flesh-eating bacteria", is an example of a deep-layer infection. It represents an extreme medical emergency.'
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!