View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Oh, thank you so much! I really want to do right by this little guy. How can you NOT fall in love with any Yorkie?

I love pretty much any animal, I"ll admit, but I have really tried to be rational about what we can afford to do and what will just be something that will bring me more pain.....you know how we all wish we could save EVERY needy animal? I used to try to do that but I've realized that you really have to be able to think of what is really BEST for them. And even though you love them so much, what if they have really big health problems? We aren't in a position to deal with something like that. We've got Max and he's the numero uno baby in our life. So I've tried to make somewhat rational decisions. Madison didn't give me any option other than to ignore his situation. I just couldn't do that! And I didn't just feel for HIM...I was so worried about whoever owned him, b/c I believed that ANYBODY who owned a Yorkie was as in love with theirs as we are with our Max. I guess I'm touching back down to reality. Nobody is even looking for him . But that's ok, b/c we love him and he's safe here.

I just wonder how his body hair should be cut....it covers his skin, so there's not bald spots or anything when his hair is dry, but it's still sparse sort of....maybe the groomers will just know what's best.
Every day is a new day with him; and he learns so fast!

I was at an event this weekend for animals, and a girl who works for a vet in the area told me that these puppy mill animals aren't treated very well, but they're quite well socialized.....I guess they see a lot of different people; I'm not sure really what goes on in them, other than the bits on Oprah, and I have seen enough, but he's obviously had SOME sort of training....to think a dog is so needy he'll do anything to be your friend breaks my heart. He's so cute, he doesn't have to do much; and that's the way it should be.

Max will always be number one, but Madison is the part of us we all hope we can rise to when we should. He made me do it, even though I was reticent, but I know it's one of the best things I've ever done (so far...so many dogs..so little time ).
And BTW, thank you for saying he's cute...I know he's not the most beautiful Yorkie, but I think he's really cute too~ in fact, I think they're all pretty darned cute, LOL! He's just special.

Last edited by nvnvgirl; 04-08-2008 at 08:05 PM.
nvnvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!