View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Default Yet another coat question!

I'm so sorry....I know this has been addressed so many times and I've looked thru a lot of the threads on it, but none of them seem to be quite the same problem I have.

My little rescue, Madison, has totally different hair than Max. Max is cut very very short most of the time just b/c he's a boy, it's hot here and he gets so dirty. But when he has just been groomed, his hair is fairly dense and feels like a seal.
Madison hasn't been groomed yet....I'm afraid to until I know what I should do. From what I understood, the girl who actually found him, cut a lot of his hair off b/c he was so matted. I can see that he had still a few matts...but his hair is very coarse compared to Max's. And it seems to tangle (it's THIN) very easily. His coat is not very long at all, yet there are little tangley places when I brush him. His coat is VERY thin....it parts beautifully down the back, but when I do that, it seems to expose not just a thin line of skin, but a fairly larger portion of skin, and when I bathe him, his hair is basically nothing...he's he's got big bald areas (for lack of a better way to describe it.....he's not bald per se....it's just that you can really see a lot of his skin until I get him dried) (and I wish I could take a photo, but my digital seems to have conked out on me finally today!).....
Is this a certain kind of coat? I was thinking it was cotton coat, but it's so thin. What makes a cotton coat (or any other type?) and why do they call it that?

I am trying to figure out a nice cut for him. His face is pretty much ok to cut it almost anyway, but I'm concerned about his body. I don't really think I can get the cut I get on Max, b/c I'm afraid he'd be bald if he were shaved so closely!
Does anybody have this same problem or know what I should do? Poor little guy...he really needs a good grooming! I'll attach a couple of photos I've posted in other places in hopes it might help....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MaxnMad.jpg (132.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Tupac1.jpg (158.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Tupac2.jpg (175.7 KB, 27 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!