View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #48
NanaDtreasures
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfaraoni View Post
Well, it's been a busy couple of days. I had computer issues yesterday & couldn't post, but wanted to give a little update. The cleft baby is such a little trooper. I looked at the roof of his mouth & don't actually see that he has a cleft pallet. He definately has a cleft lip though. It looks sad, but he seems to actually be functioning great! He nurses off mom, & seems to have good suction. I have also been feeding him with Breny's formula receipe (thank you Breny!!!) and he loves it! He is a squirmy one & loves to be cuddled with mommy all the time. When she goes out to go to the bathroom, he wimpers a little & stops as soon as she comes back. It's pretty cute! The other boy is a little chunk. He's gained so much weight so fast & is already up to 7.3 oz as of last night. I've never had a puppy gain so fast! I think he's hogging all momma's milk & also pushing off the little cleft baby. We have our appointment with the vet this afternoon to get more guidance & a better check up. I'll let you know how it goes. I've also talked to a couple of rescues, just to get more advice & look at the options. I don't want this little guys to suffer at all (he doesn't seem to be at all to me), but won't put him down just for a cosmetic issue. I think the biggest problem is that vets seem to say they'd just put them to sleep (a talked to 3 yesterday who said that). I'm at peace with that option as long as I have the reasoning & it makes sense, but I don't think it can be that cut & dry for every case. Sorry for the long post, I'll update again later. I would like to post pics, anyone have advice on getting the pics small enough to post here? I tried cropping, but any more cropping & you wouldn't see hte pups. there must be an easier way. Thanks again all of you!!
Debbie, I read about your little girl's leg & wanted to say your in my prayers. It wounds litle you have good advice & everything will work out with the taping etc. Good luck!
He sounds like a little trooper for sure !
I'm so glad. I feel the same way about putting him down just for a cosmetic issue. He will be loved ..Kissable and huggable
Same thing with this lil girl I have
Try Irfanview its GREAT.
Somebody here told me about it. I had the same problem!
Keep us updated.
PS..That is not a long post girl.
I can ramble on FOREVER...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!