View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
Tammyh
YT Addict

I love SB! Most of my mom's side of the family live there, I spent a lot of my childhood there and that's where we go when we fly down to California to visit. Unfortunately I can't recommend hotels etc because we always stay with family and do family stuff. You definitely want to go down to the beach, they've got a nice restaurant by the marina. It's nice to go have breakfast and then walk the beach. There's also The Brown Pelican restaurant which is right on the beach (a different beach, not by the Marina). I just love the ocean, I could spend the whole time just watching the waves and smelling the salty air. It really is a beautiful town! I'll check with a cousin and see if she has any recommendations. If you're only going for a few days I don't think you'd have enough time to go to Sea World and the San Diego zoo. You'd need a whole day for each one and San Diego is a good 3-4 hour drive depending on traffic. You wouldn't have time to experience Santa Barbara. If you like to shop, there's a lot of shopping to be done down town too. Have fun!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!