View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
mizzwanned
Donating YT 11K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDiana View Post
It took Franklin... about 5 weeks before he would even approach another dog. At first when we took him to the dog park, he would just cower in the corner, with his tail between his legs. It was horrible! We were very persistent and took him at least 2-3 times a week. It's been.. probably a month and a half now and he will now walk around, sniff other dogs, and occasionally run with them. He even growled and barked at a Boxer the other day. I thought Franklin would be anti-social forever... he has gotten so much better!

I think the key is to just keep taking her. The more you take her, the more she will get accustomed to it. I forgot to mention that the longer we stay, the better Franklin gets. I try to stay for at least an hour when we go because he's still pretty shy at first. It takes him at least 15 minutes before he'll start to play with other dogs. Just keep taking her and continue to build her confidence and she'll be a social butterfly in no time!
Thanx I've been taking her a lot, ever since I got her and she's always been like this. But i think she made a little improvement cause the first time she was petrified of other dogs, now aleast she lets them sniff her and will walk a little. She is much better with Yorkies than other breeds.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!