View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 07:45 AM   #3
vms1177
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegold
Since you've tested for just about everything else, the thing that grabs my attention is the foam he ate.

The fact that he's still having problems suggests to me that he may have some of the foam wedged in his digestive tract.

My sister's Standard Schnauzer ate one of her son's small toys and was tested and treated for everything from worms to pancreatitis and she ended up having to have surgery to have this thing removed. They were able to see it in ultrasound. Don't think you can see foam this way, but I know it's one of the things we're very careful about keeping from our dogs because it can cause these problems if ingested.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

CJ
Thanks CJ Just got back from the vet and they could not find any parasites. They did find a rubbery substance. I looked at the vet like I dont know!! I watch everything he puts into his mouth. He eats everything!!!! I have him contained in the kitchen(xpen) and outside too. I feel so neglectful. I took away all the chew toys except for the nylabones The vet said that there may be a small possiblity that the foam did stick somewhere but highly unlikely. He said we have to see how he does on the California natural and he also gave me tablets of Metronidazole for 5 days and we will see.

Jack and Mandy's Mom
vms1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!