View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Tink's Mom
With Indy In My Heart
Donating Member

Confused Thinking about growing out Tink's hair

Tink is a mix - Yorkiepoo. A preface to my questions - She has mostly very nice thick hair except her legs are a little thin but they are growing in slowly. When she was younger, the hair on her legs was horribly thin, She still occassionally scratches out little "pieces" of hair. The vet doesn't find anything wrong with her and she doesn't scratch, so he says it's dry skin. I added some oils to her food and she seems better.

Her daddy was a poodle so her hair is a little wavy but not curly. Her head seems to be a cotton coat but the rest of her body is not. She combs out nicely and her beard is beautiful when it's a little longer. Last time they cut it all off because she got into the juniper bush (sticky). Her color is black with some auburn threaded in the beard and under her tummy. She is 20 months old.

So now, recently her hair has been laying very nicely and beginning to part down the back and lay nicely on her face too (except for that spot between her eyes). I never thought I could let her hair grow out because of the waves, but now I'm thinking maybe I could give it a try.

I had to have her cut short in them middle of December after I tried to trim her myself, because she got into the juniper bush and got sap all over her face and rear end. She hasn't been trimmed since then so she's beginning to look pretty good. Here are some pictres after her bath today where you can almost see the part down her back and get an idea of the wave.

What do you think? Does anyone have any experience with wavy hair? Is it worth the upkeep and bother to try to grow her out. Will her cottony head ever have a nice topknot - it doesn't seen to grow as quickly as the rest of her hair. I don't want to go through all this work if it's gonna look awful and i have to cut it off anyway. But maybe it doesn't take that long to grown out - I don't know. HELP!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!