View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 06:32 AM   #5
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latuya
Yes it can be done. Gus was trained on a pad. And after he got all his shots we started taking him outside. He likes going outsid better then on the pad. I don't leave pads out anymore. The only time I will leave a pad out is when I know we are going someplace where we just can't take him. (Which is not very often) But he will use the pad if he has to. Most of the time he'll hold it till we get home.
That's pretty much how we are with Reagan. She started out on pads but I quickly moved her to outside because I didn't want to bother with the pads. So now she goes out but if she's here by herself all day then she goes into the bathroom with a pad. She rarely uses it though. She did once when we were gone all day to a wedding.

What my friend did is during the week she would use the pads then on the weekend she took him outside. She works during the week so it was easier for her to use the pads then. She did it this way from the very beginning so he would be used to going on the pads and outside. Now she takes him out if she's there but while she isn't he has a pad, or just in case she doesn't take him out soon enough he'll go find his pad.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!