View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
peggato
Yorkie Yakker

Default New Yorkie Mom

Hello again,

I have a couple of questions, hoping you guys can help me. I am a first time dog owner so this is all new to me.

My baby is 12 weeks old today. He is peeing and pooping outside for the most part. He has about 3 accidents since last week with pee, but none with the poop, so yeah!!

Do any of you crate your baby when you work. This is my Barclay's schedule. He wakes up and is taken out immediately to pee and for a little romp. He comes back in, eats breakfast and then back outside. He comes with me while I get ready for work, following me from the bedroom to the bathroom and back and forth. We go back out and take a long walk then in his crate at 8:15AM. My son comes at 12:00, takes him immediately outside he does his business, comes in eats, back outside for his potty, then playtime for about 1/2 hour and then back in his crate by about 1:30PM. I am home by 5:00, I take him outside again immediately, he does his potty, he runs and plays for awhile. Dinner is at 6:00PM and last water is at 7:00PM. We play most of the evening until bedtime which is at about 10:30 - 11:00PM. I always play classical music only when he is in his crate. He sleeps the night until at about 5:30AM when we begin the day again. Anyone else crating like this?

Also, I have to travel on Friday. My nephew is returning from Iraq and our whole family is going to meet him in NC. I want to take my baby with me. Have any of you travelled on USAIR with your baby? If I can't take him I don't know what I will do? Someone suggested PetSmart Hotel??? Have any of you tried that? I signed him up for puppy training at Petsmart which begins next saturday, the manager told me that the puppies are very well taken care of and there is 24 hour supervision. I don't want to leave him, so I am hoping that I can take him with me on the plane.

Also, what about the biting and chewing!! Does that last a long time? It seems he is not happy unless he is biting on something, a toy, a foot anything??? He even bites my hands and fingers, but when I say kissses, kisses he give nice licks. It just seems that he never stops biting, yikes!!

Also, any advice on neutering. My vet said at 5 months. Have any of you tried the shot? I read on line there is a shot available which spares them from the anesthesia? Just curious. And after they are neutered do they get more hyper of do they settle down?

As I said, I am a brand new Yorkie owner and first time dog owner. I want my baby to be happy in his new home. So far so good.

THanks for your help.

Barclay's Mom
peggato is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!