Thread: Please advise!
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Emilysmama1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hi and thanks for the replies.

Well about a hour after I posted this she got off my lap and drank some water and stretched and was back to her old self!! Thank you for the prayers!

She is going to her vet on Tuesday, the vet is not open this Monday, . We had not gotten her fixed due to the epilepsy, wanting to see if it staid stable or got worse. We also do blood tests before any shots/vaccinations are given. But now, I am going to ask her vet if getting her fixed would be safe enough now. I also need to seriously consider the epilepsy meds. I am really thinking this was from a seizure I just didn't see.

In the last 6 months she has had 4 seizures and each one seemed to last longer and take a lot out of her. It has taken her 3 or more hours to feel better after a seizure that I have been there for. So if this was from a seizure then this was the worse. 10 hours of not having energy and not eating or drinking and needing to be held all of the time, just so afraid she seemed.

She is always with me except for the times when I take a shower or need to tend to things outside in the morning.

She is eating this morning and running behind me everywhere I go and sitting on my lap for my morning coffee and paper. She is my little baby! I have MS and on the really bad days she knows and stays really close and seems to want to help me and believe me she does help!

Any other advice would be fantastic. Anyone with a yorkie that has epilepsy?

Thanks again for everything and I will let you know what the Vet says on tuesday.

Blessings
Emilysmama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!