View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #7
PrestigeousYT
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2luckygirl View Post
last fall I was at an auction- they had had a pet supply business years ago- had 100's of leashes1 I told to the girl- told her to give me a deal- because I was donating them to our local shelter! She sold me about 100 leashes for $25!!! And I took them to the shelter!!some of the help were on "break out side- saw me- they all got so excited that they were getting much needed leashes!!
And I met the nicest retired lady there- she drives out by there and goes and visit's the animals every day!! she knew almost every dog by name! Is that not sweet!!!
What a gift that is- to be a friend everyday!That is one nice lady! I live 40 miles from this shelter!
They also have a program called "POUND HOUNDS" take a dog to a walking trail that is really close by the shelter- walk them to help YOU LOSE WEIGHT!!! KOOL!!!!!
I just wish we had one in my town!!! I am on the volenteer list and go when I can, but not as much as I would like- esp this winter!!

Such a really neat idea the Pound Hounds programs and with summer coming up that would be really a great thing to incorporate. Maybe in the winter they could have a couple of treadmills set up so the dogs can get excercise and the volunteer too.
Thanks for sharing

Deana
Prestigeous Yorkies
PrestigeousYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!